Do you chronically suffer from pains, health condition implications, and seizures? They say hemp plants or marijuana-containing medications like cannabidiols help in fighting epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, schizophrenia, anxiety, multiple sclerosis, and multiple ranges of conditions.
- It interacts with numerous meds safely and makes common drugs more potent;
- It does not cause euphoric reactions and it’s not psychoactive but it positively affects the nervous system and brain activity;
- It’s legal;
- High concentrations of it fight cancer according to the research of the National Cancer Institute;
- It can be a component of beverages and foods you consume daily;
- Most THC tests do not detect hemp seed oil;
- THC and CBD are the only cannabinoids available in the legal pharmaceutical market.
Top 7 Pros and Possible After-Effects
|1. Relieves Pain||Our ECS (endocannabinoid system) regulates immune system response, as well as appetite, sleep, and pain. It impacts endocannabinoid receptor activity, eliminating pains caused by rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.|
|2. Reduces Anxiety||Human and animal studies proved that it transforms mood and regulates social habits. It fights depression and anxiety disorders naturally, comparing to such drugs as benzodiazepines. It does not cause agitation, drowsiness, headaches, or addiction.|
|3. Alleviates Cancer
|More research is needed, but the initial studies proved that it fights unpleasant side effects caused by cancer treatment. Pains, vomiting, nausea, and other chemotherapy-related reactions can be avoided with the use of THC or CBD in the form of an oral spray.
It’s also helpful against breast cancer.
|4. Reduces Acne||You can use it to fight the overproduction of sebum thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Of course, it does not prove to be effective on the genetic level, where more intensive medication forms are required.|
|5. Treats Neurological Disorders||More human studies are required, but animal studies have shown that Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy can be partially alleviated through regular CBD intake. It also reduces Alzheimer’s progression.|
|6. Improves Heart Health||It prevents heart damage and improves blood circulation and blood pressure. Though more human testings are required, animal studies proved that it helps in lowering blood pressure, which reduces the risks of heart attacks and strokes.|
|7. Fights Many Health Conditions||
Though it is already proved to be safe and properly tolerated, adverse effects are still possible.
The most common side-effects are:
- Appetite changes;
- Weight changes.
It’s a naturally safe treatment that can be effectively combined with the other treatment courses, but you have to remember that several medications and edibles can cause potentially harmful interactions.
Be especially careful and obligatory consult your doctor if you’re planning to start taking a cannabinoid drug. The following are the meds that actively interact with it:
- Sildenafil (and other PDEs inhibitors);
- Simvastatin and atorvastatin;
- Calcium channel blockers;
IMPORTANT! Fresh grapefruit, as well as grapefruit juice, can boost up the adverse effects of some statins. Combining it with cholesterol meds and some other treatments often causes muscle damage.
Once it was illegal but now it’s a medication with huge potential. It treats with minimal adverse effects, and even an absurdly big dose of it will not cause any trouble to the patient.
‘Grapefruit warning” means you can’t consume any grapefruit-containing products because of the furanocoumarins compound. It neutralizes specific digestive system enzymes. Among these enzymes, there’s one responsible for the removal of toxins and medicines from the body. Every med should be broken down and removed from the bloodstream. If they do not get out of the body within a certain time, they will affect liver function.
Several studies and tests have shown that CBD and grapefruit have almost the same impact on the enzymes. Cannabidiol has even a stronger impact because it influences the enzymes in several body areas at once while grapefruit does it only in the small intestine.
There’s no sufficient evidence concerning the dangerous interaction of cannabidiol with grapefruit, but it’s better to stay on the safe side and let the raw drugs digest properly.
Possible adverse effects of taking cannabidiol and grapefruit together are:
- Extra intensive side-effects of the medications;
- The insufficient intensity of the medications;
- More powerful, unwanted cannabidiol effects.
Seek a professional doctor’s advice before you start taking the drugs, especially if you like grapefruit.
There was a study posted in the Psychopharmacology journal with the participation of ten test subjects. The aim was to learn more about the helpful and positive interactions with alcohol.
The testees fell into two groups. Those who joined the experimental group consumed alcohol-containing beverages together with the CBD treatment. To find out the final toxicity levels, the testees from the experimental group went through psychomotor performance tests.
The results were compared to the ones of the placebo group testees, and the CBD group showed drastically lower alcohol levels in the blood.
The participants of both groups looked evenly drunk. It means that CBD will not make you look sober. Nevertheless, BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration) was significantly lower among the members of the experimental group.
CBD Oil: Answers and Questions
What is it?
It’s cannabidiol. Pharmacists and laboratory specialists use natural hemp plants and marijuana for the production of the treatment destined to help patients deal with chronic pains, inflammations, seizures, and numerous health conditions. Further research is obligatory, but the current results are already impressive.
What are the intake methods?
There are many forms available in the pharmaceutical market:
- Regular tablets;
- Skin creams;
- Vape cartridges;
- Chocolate bars and other foods.
Can you get high with it?
No, you can’t. It does not make you high comparing to the other marijuana-containing substance known as THC.
Does it cause addiction?
CBD oil products are not addictive, while THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) products cause addiction. Pay special attention to the ingredients while choosing the med – THC is still illegal in some of the states, and it’s strictly a prescription drug.
Where can you buy it legally?
In the USA, CBD products are legal in all states except for Nebraska, Idaho, and South Dakota. Nevertheless, several states have lawful specifications concerning marijuana-containing substances.
Does it eliminate seizures?
Yes, it does. Epidiolex is the only FDA-approved drug eliminating seizures in patients with Dravet and Lennox-Gastaut syndromes. Kids over one-year-old and adults of all ages can safely take Epidiolex to fight seizures caused by numerous health conditions, including tuberous sclerosis.
Does it fight the pain?
The researches are still being held, but many patients with HIV prove that it relieves their pains. It’s helpful not only for people with neuropathy but for those who suffer from multiple sclerosis spasms and arthritis-linked pains.
Is it safe for patients with blood pressure conditions?
More research work has to be done here, but blood-pressure patients taking cannabinoids regularly say that they help in keeping blood pressure stable in stressful situations.
How does it help with inflammations?
The initial tests prove that inflammations linked to Alzheimer’s, diabetes, arthritis, and MS (Multiple sclerosis) can be treated with cannabinoids. However, laboratory specialists and scientists are still trying to understand how it happens.
Does it help cancer patients?
Tests on lab mice demonstrated the effectiveness in eliminating breast cancer cells. Also, it makes chemotherapy drugs more effective.
Is it helpful against skin conditions?
It has already been proved that it’s a great acne treatment due to its tendency to destroy excessive amounts of fatty acids. Even if it’s a breakout inflammation, it can cure the skin and protect it from further damage.
Can you use it for psychosis?
Several studies proved that it helps against the psychosis symptoms in patients suffering from schizophrenia. The researches are still in progress. Note that THC meds are significantly different. Make sure you thoroughly study the labels before you purchase a marijuana-based drug.
Is it effective against addictions?
Early tests prove that people with different addictions can use it as part of medical therapy. All types of addictions can be at least partially eliminated, whether it’s a heroin addiction or addiction to cigarettes. Methamphetamine is also on the list. Cannabidiol chemical compounds reduce muscle tension and anxiety caused by substance addiction.
Are there any severe side effects?
As it’s been already mentioned, cannabinoids have nothing to do with severe adverse effects even when combined with the other medication therapies. Nothing except for tiredness, insignificant stomach problems, diarrhea, and appetite changes. Nevertheless, it often affects the other meds’ effectiveness. If you take specific meds and even vitamins or supplements, make sure you tell your doctor about it so that he could pick out the right dosage and alternatives for your current meds.
THC vs CBD
Both of these products belong to cannabinoids. Their formulas are almost identical but they have different effects on brain activity.
- CBD (cannabidiol) is less intoxicating. Even if you manage to consume an accessively high dose of it, you will never get high, and nothing will affect your brain activity. It does not lock into the cannabinoid receptors in the brain.
- THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) gets into the receptors and locks itself there. Some states still use THC products for recreation, replacing alcohol. However, low doses of THC are more effective than larger doses of CBD.
|Demonstrates psychoactive properties. Makes users high in significant doses and can be used as a recreational substance.||Demonstrates no psychoactive properties. Blocks the cannabinoid brain receptors and does not lock in them.|
|Reduces neuropathic pains and eliminates nausea. It can also fight cancer pains and pains caused by cancer treatment.||Offers anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, it’s an anti-bacterial, cancer-fighting, and anti-oxidant treatment.|
|Makes you want to eat more.||Makes you want to eat less.|
|The main ingredient of it is marijuana.||The main ingredient is hemp.|
|It can provoke anxiety.||It eliminates anxiety.|
|It’s popular against sleeping problems.||It’s also helpful with sleep issues.|
|Anti-spasmodic effect.||Anti-convulsant effect.|
CBD: Myths & Reality
Myth #1. It contains only cannabidiol.
Reality. For the full entourage effect, it also contains flavonoids, terpenes, as well as several additional components.
Myth #2. It’s a product based on industrial hemp.
Reality. Any cannabis plant can be used for the production of oil.
Myth #3. It’s produced only with the help of the CO2 extraction method.
Reality. Any extraction method is suitable for production. The CO2 method is partially better because it helps to preserve the flavonoids and terpenes. It’s one of the most expensive and effective methods, but it’s not the only one.
Myth #4. Industrial hemp demonstrates very low tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) levels.
Reality. It’s partially true. The THC concentration in industrial hemp is lower than 0.3%. However, a concentrated oil product can have more than 0.3% in it. A med like this should go through the testing so that the lab specialists could specify the concentration.
Myth #5. It’s legal all over the world.
Reality. That’s not quite right. It’s legal in most parts of the world, but not in every country. Even within the United States, legal use rules differ from state to state. Besides, the THC meds are still considered illegal in the majority of the countries because they cause the “high” effect.
Cannabidiol Chewing Gum is Getting in the Trends
Recently, Tiger Woods made an impressive comeback to the world of sports. He’s been through national scandals, but his long-time admirers have noticed significant changes in his behavior. What’s the secret? Well, the fans noticed him chewing gum. A lot of it. His molars seem to be moving every time the camera catches him. Some people suspect it’s not regular bubble gum, but a chewable containing cannabidiol. CBD is accepted by the World Anti-Doping Agency. It helps to concentrate while boosting up cognitive function.
Cannabidiol Positively Influences Your Sleep
Cannabidiol-containing products affect circadian functioning. According to the latest research, CBD is effective for the elimination of circadian-clock-related disorders. If you suffer from irregular sleep patterns, see your doctor for another cannabidiol prescription. According to the latest animal testings, it can increase sleep amounts and improve the wake-sleep cycles. Around 70 million Americans suffer from disturbing sleep-wake disorders, but the latest researches proved cannabidiol to be effective for faster and better sleep.
Top 5 Cannabidiol Gummies to Try: Effective Oil Replacement
If you are not into using CBD oil, a chewable sweet gummy can be a nice replacement. A chewy gummy with fruity tastes offers a ton of therapeutic benefits. You can either purchase it as a gift or consume it yourself for the improvement of the sleep-wake cycle or merely to boost up your cognitive function. The following are the best chewable pills according to the reviews of the patients.
- Verma Farms. An all-natural treatment of bright colors and delicious tastes to enjoy, including Island Apple and Tropical Cherry (they are among the favorites, according to the reviews of the buyers). The manufacturer offers sugar-free options for those who are interested in healthy eating or have diabetes. The hemp used for them is grown on the territory of the USA.
- Balance CBD. The manufacturer offers a wide range of flavors, including wildberry and cotton candy. The range of dosages is also sufficient. In addition to the standard chewables, you can purchase a variety pack if you’re willing to try every taste. These are gluten-free, organic, cruelty-free, and allergen-free products released in 100mg or 250mg dosage options.
- Charlotte’s Web. It’s among the premium but still cost-efficient options for those who want to boost up an after-treatment recovery or feel calmer on stressful days. The gummies are made on the base of CBC, CBG, and CBD, combined with the other phytocompounds. This effective product will help you stay focused and productive when there’s too much fuss around at work or with your studies. There are also anti-inflammatory components (turmeric and ginger) for the health of the joints and speedier recovery. The flavor is raspberry. Pet chews are also available.
- Joy Organics. The manufacturer boasts adding only eight ingredients in the chemical structure of the med. They use apple juice for the flavor and stevia to make it sweetened. The flavor is not rich, but it’s natural and as plain as it can be. There are 15 gummies in the jar with 20mg of high-grade cannabidiol oil.
- Pure Relief. It’s the most beneficial choice for those who need a greater concentration of cannabidiol. Each gummy offers 30mg of CBD. One chewable a day will be enough to fight anxiety and improve sleep. You’ll feel rejuvenated and fresh every morning when you wake up thanks to melatonin in the formula. The fruity taste is plain but pleasing for most buyers.
Gummies containing CBD oil can become the best tasty replacement in 2021 for improved sleep and better moods.
CBD Oil Products for Your Pets
In 2020 cannabidiol-containing meds for pets became increasingly popular, especially among dog owners. They improve general wellness, help your furry friend fight anxiety, and provide pain relief. The product might seem to be extraordinary, but according to Grand View Research, the market size for these products was about $38 million in 2020.
Holistapet, CBDfx, cbdMD, The Anxious Pet, and PETLYcbd became one of the highly requested and effective pet medications containing cannabidiol in 2020.
Cannabidiol Can Reduce Boozy Cravings
Cannabinoids can fight alcohol abuse. The studies are still being held, but the first tests on people prove that there’s a close link between CBD and alcohol abuse. Cannabidiol does not generate any euphoric effects, which is crucial for people willing to refrain from the overall intoxication in the body. About 3 million people all over the world die yearly because of alcohol use. Switching to a higher cannabidiol dosage can help to replace alcohol and teach your body to enjoy the pleasures of life. Reduced anxiety helps in fighting destructive habits.
If it seems that you are addicted to alcohol too much and feel incapable of giving up on your own, consider cannabidiol therapy and discuss it with your doctor. Give CBD a try in facing your self-destructive addiction.
Cannabididols fight a plethora of health conditions, including:
The list is too long for the article. Of course, CBD cannot replace your regular medication therapy, but it can be wisely combined with it. Medical cannabis is among the most effective additional treatments not only for people but for pets as well. It’s released in numerous forms depending on your taste, and it’s entirely safe even if you overdose.
Nevertheless, there are thing you should keep in mind:
- The product helps to stay calm for a better focus. It helps to manage daily stresses and restore sleep.
- It also fights inflammations of all sorts, including skin inflammations and acne.
- It does not prevent but seriously helps in fighting cancer (especially breast cancer).
- Regular intake reduces the risks of developing diabetes, heart conditions, and blood pressure issues.
- It’s neuro-protective, which helps fight substance addictions and panic disorders.
- It does not make you high though it’s made on the base of one of the chief natural marijuana components.
- The main side-effects of it are not severe. They are problems with the stomach, diarrhea, drowsiness, reduced appetite, and dry mouth (it’s the same for the cannabidiol oil-containing drugs for pets).
There are 15 countries where cannabidiol-containing drugs are legal. They are:
- The United States of America (you should specify the state before ordering);
- South Africa;
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain;
- Czech Republic;
- The Netherlands.
IMPORTANT! Make sure the CBD oil product of your choice contains less than 0.3% THC. If it’s got more than 0.3%, it’s illegal in most states in the country.
Disclaimer: This article, as well as all materials presented on this website, contains basic information. We are not trying to provide our users and readers with specific medical advice. Consult a certified medical practitioner before you decide to alter your current medication therapy. Not all CBD products are legal on the territory of the United States and abroad.
As you might have gathered by now, our company is not acting as a pharmacist or a CBD expert. We appreciate naturally healing products putting integrity and quality first. We are here to educate you about the essentials. All cannabinoid oils approved by the Food and Drug Administration should be purchased from the legal manufacturers and suppliers under the official laws of your country. We do not advertise certain pharmaceutical products. All brand names, service marks, logos, and labels presented here are not pharmaceutical advice.